Friday, March 6, 2009

Books


Books, I love books- novels, art, children's, journals, dictionaries, soft cover, hard cover, spiral bound, hand bound - But... I hate paperbacks! The small ones. I read in bed before falling to sleep at night. Paperbacks are so hard to hold and the type seems to be getting smaller! ( That could just be my eyesight diminishing) I also love looking a shelf loaded with books, stacks of books, being in a book store surrounded with books. I think you get the picture.

Now my dilemma, I am think about getting a Kindel. Have you seen them? If not, go to Amazon and do a search. They are awesome! Thin, lightweight, so cool! You can download hundreds of books and read them when ever, where ever because this thing would fit in most any purse.

Paula, a friend of mine got one for Christmas. I really didn't think I would like it but she had it with her on our Ski trip - which by the way, was a very good trip! Now every time I pick up a book to read I think ohhhh, I think I would like a Kindel. Do any of you have one?



2 comments:

  1. I have had Kindel recommended by so many people, but I, too, love the feel and smell of books and stacks of books waiting for me. A home is not a home to me without stacks of books and bookcases. What if Kindel does to books what the computer has done to handwritten notes???
    I love your necklace book, but then I love everything you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PJ, I have a Kindle and I absolutely LOVE it! I love to read in bed, and with the Kindle it so much easier. I love the built-in dictionary, the ability to make notes, the search function, the way I can control the typesize (I hear you on the tiny type in paperbacks!)and ease of reading newspapers and magazines via Kindle. I've already downloaded some travel books for our next trip to Italy -- that will be a fabulous use for this treasure. I still love books, too, but for reading in bed and for traveling, my Kindle is amazing. I could go on and on, but I'll just recommend you get one. You won't be sorry!

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete