Monday, April 6, 2009

I miss you....




I am missing a lot lately:
my studio ( I haven't been in my studio for a week), my computer(was sick and in the shop but now is home and fixed), the feel of Spring in the air ( it is cold and spitting snow today), but most of all I miss my dear neighbor Beulah!
Beulah was a beautiful lady, 96 years old, and has lived by herself for the last 30 years. She died Saturday morning of pneumonia. She was a joy to know and love. She liked to watch me work in my flower beds because she knew I would work on hers next. She enjoyed every flower that bloomed - especially the yellow rose. Her daughter-in-law (who lives in CA but visits twice a year) and I have become very good friends. When she would visit I would steal her away to my studio to play as often as possible. We share a love of creating and have taught one another many techniques through the years. Beulah loved my grandchildren and they loved her right back. She lived an amazing life - I will miss her deeply.
I will try to get back here more often.

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear about your dear Beulah. Sending love and hugs to you.
    Ummm....maybe I could come over and play in your very large and cool studio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you will miss Beulah. You were a good friend to her and I know that meant a lot to her family.

    ReplyDelete