Tuesday, January 13, 2009

For the Birds











First you need to know -I am afraid of birds - the sound of their wings fluttering freaks me out. I love to feed and watch them. I like to use bird images in art work. And in spite of my fear(or maybe this feeds my fear) I watch the movie The Birds every time it is on TV. That being said , I also enjoy making birds - these birds. The Nov./Dec. 2007 issue of Somerset Studio had a featured article written by Jeanette Jansen http://www.carolinaartist.com/ about the 'Garage Birds' she makes and sells. To date I have make 15 or so of these birds. Take a look.



5 comments:

  1. I love love the top left one! I found your blog via your sister, Glenda.

    You do incredible work PJ. Do you take special request orders?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your birds!!! You did such a great job on them, they are whimsical and have loads of personality. Thank you for sharing.....thanks also for mentioning my name. I really do appreciate that!
    xo Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, I have just scrolled down to this post from the tippy-top of your blog. You have been a very busy bird, indeed! I love how you are facing your fears and channelling them into something whimsical and beautiful. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PJ,
    Glad I found you on-line! You may not remember me, but back in 2003, I did demos at Red Lead for their breast cancer fundraiser. (I did a demo for polymer clay buttons) You have no idea how cool it was to be there at the same time you and Mary Jo were there...I am such a fan of both of your work.

    Love the jewelry. As usual, I am blown away by your talent.

    Kim Jolley
    Springfield, MO

    ReplyDelete