Sunday, January 11, 2009

Momma's Party




Tomorrow is my Mother's birthday. Today we had a party for her - just family - but our family has a way of filling up the house. There were only 11 of us. My sister Susan , my nephew Dustin and our daughter Meg (plus husband and son) all live out of state.

We ate, she opened gifts, we played ping pong - I even hula hooped with the grand kids. They have all gone now and the house is quiet.

I am posting more jewelry pieces. The copper I use in my jewelry is reclaimed from the valleys of my roof. We had a new roof put on a couple of years ago and I split the bounty with the roofer.

2 comments:

  1. These pieces are beautiful! I love that you used reclaimed copper. I got the Hettmansperger book this weekend and it (and you!) has inspired me to get back to metalsmithing again.

    PS Your party sounds like so much fun! One of the drawbacks of being an expat is we live so far away from our families. I miss the casual get togethers (for birthdays and "just because") we had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know your MOM would hate me asking how many BD this makes so I won't ask> MJ

    ReplyDelete